Wednesday, June 15, 2011

POSTER TEXT

IDEA

The idea I was most interested in was based around patterns, and the reason I chose patterns was because I looked at part two of this assignment and went from there. So i chose my site, site number 2 which is located on the Corner of Castlereagh Street and King Street. In the middle of city where there is a lot of activity.

The site is surrounded by some of the busiest streets in Sydney. It is Located near Sydney Tower and Pitt Street Mall. This means that it has a lot of traffic around that area. The city is a very populated and busy area no matter what day or time it is.

Choosing pattern to be my main theme was that the city is full of patterns, and the most interesting patters are the facades of the buildings. I wanted to create a structure that has a pattern going through all the structure.

THEME

I chose to do a structure with a triangular pattern because while doing research it was very hard to find a surface that is made of triangles and wraps around a building to create a frame. And it was something I thought would look really interesting and also new to be built in the city which will also stand out from all the other buildings and also will bring more attention to that area.

I originally started with a curved shaped surface formed by the triangle patterns having the ability to control everything about each triangle such as the thickness, size, how round the edges are, and the frame of each, made the design more interesting.

I then added a few extra points to the design and by adding and changing a few sliders I was then able to control the height, shapes and width that can be formed which then allows me to create different iterations with the same pattern continuing through the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment